Elon Musk. Even his name exudes (pun intended) a certain level of mystery.
As the founder SpaceX, business magnate, and investor, Musk is considered as one of the most influential personalities today because of his contributions to society and space travel. Born in South Africa, this man’s origins were not a barrier to what he would eventually give to the world.
Elon Musk Unmasked
Currently, there are tons of trivia about Elon Musk available online, aside from his official descriptions as the billionaire who co-founded PayPal and Tesla. He also makes things out of sci-fi movies a reality— literally. People have consistently termed him as the “real-life Tony Stark” the genius-playboy-billionaire-philanthropist-hero of Marvel.
But what most people don’t know (or may only catch glimpses of) is that Musk has a highly turbulent personal life. Like many men with big aspirations, the 47-year-old technology and business mogul cannot seem to find the perfect woman to settle down with.
In fact, a report revealed that he isn’t very keen when it comes to talking about his personal life on a regular basis despite his celebrity status. He even claimed to prefer “sticking a fork in [his] hand” than reveal details of his personal life on one article where he was forced to clarify some “inaccuracies” about his divorce with his first wife, Justine Wilson.
One thing that was revealed over the years that makes Elon Musk like any other average Joe is his fear of being alone. In fact, there was one time when he admitted that the only thing he wanted as a child was never to be alone.
This may also be the reason why he can’t seem to stay put in a romantic relationship as he has been married thrice (once with Justine Wilson and twice with British actress Talulah Riley) and decided to father as many children as he can.
Still, there is still a lot that needs to be uncovered about Elon Musk and his personal life – and that includes his mysterious children.
The Musketeers: 7 Things You Don’t Know About Elon Musk’s Children
With all his wealth, revolutionary ideas, and unending contributions to society, Elon Musk must definitely have an heir.
Fortunately, he has a handful of them. After 8 years of marriage, Musk and his first wife had five children: Kai, Xavier, Saxon, Griffin, and Damian.
Now, we are here to uncover 7 things most people don’t know about these five siblings.
- Elon Musk has five sons, but he actually fathered six. Nevada Alexander Musk, his first-born with ex-wife Justine Wilson, died when he was only 10 weeks old. He passed away after succumbing to sudden infant death syndrome (SIDS), a condition characterized by inexplicable death of children less than one year of age.
- Elon Musk’s five sons included one set of twins and one set of triplets born in 2004 and 2006, respectively. Quite possibly, this was a result of multiple embryos getting implanted when Musk and his first wife opted for in vitro fertilization. Some people claim that IVF increases the chance of getting pregnant with twins or more.
- Although they are already divorced and living separate lives, Elon and Justine share custody of their children. In fact, he revealed that the custody was evenly split between the two of them.
- One of Elon Musk’s sons is named Xavier, after Professor Charles Xavier, the telepathic and powerful leader of the X-Men. Unsurprisingly, the SpaceX founder is also quite the comics aficionado.
- All of Elon Musk’s children are enrolled in a secret school called “Ad Astra,” which means “to the stars” in Latin. In this peculiar academe, classes involve exploring robotics, dealing with artificial intelligence that may go rogue, and practically every unconventional topic that isn’t being discussed in other schools. Also, students of the school aren’t being graded on their work, making it quite enticing for many people who vied for the 12 spots for a class at Ad Astra.
- Elon Musk absolutely adores his sons. Although this must be a given for all dads in the world, it is quite interesting to see someone as busy as the Tesla co-founder to have enough time to spend with them. And Musk spends plenty of time with his children whom he affectionately referred to as the “loves of my life.”
- People thought that indie singer Claire “Grimes” Boucher is Elon Musk’s daughter. One photo of the “thrillionaire” posing with his son and Grimes became the talk of the town when she appeared like his daughter instead of his girlfriend. Some even noted how Musk looked like a single dad with his son and daughter, posing for a family picture. But, as mentioned earlier in this article, Musk only has five living children who are all male.